Friday, September 9, 2011

More interesting dreams. 9/9/11

So I had more interesting dreams last night.  I was in the process of opening some new weird spa/gym/restaurant space, except the booths where people waited to be seated were in the parking spaces in the parking lot.  Not just temporarily there, but built-in like it was a ride at Disneyland or something and they were all full as people waited for I'm not even sure what.  I guess there were more/fancier booths on the back patio of the place, which was still newly built and empty, because @LadyGaga showed up to rehearse for her performance there, and while I was just laying on one of the black leather covered benches in back staring at the sky pondering my creations, the platinum blonde version of her came and laid with her feet facing the other direction and came really close when she tried to kiss me.  She later succeeded before she left, but I wasn't sure how to feel about that having not seen her sexual resume and with all the constant political scrutiny my life is under.  It was set in the hills of Glendale, and the back parking lot was full of cars with like a college security patrol giving me drama about parking Silver there, until I explained it was my restaurant parking lot they were patrolling.  Then there were some other completely different weird scenes.  I was back in my house on the hill in Eagle Rock with Dan as my roommate, but it was in an eerie level of disrepair as if it hadn't been lived in in months.  Someone had been storing food in the cabinets, but some of it was out of it's packaging.  Pop tarts in particular.  I asked Dan, "WTF is this?  Did you do this?"  and his answer was somewhere between yes, but there was a reason, but he wasn't sure, but then he was sick anyway so I told him just to stay in the bedroom next to mine until he got better so he wouldn't get me sick too.  Then my dad was there, with kind of a "What the f5ck are you up to today son?" attitude, I was about to reply when I saw the entire city of Glendale/north LA on fire out the window in the background, I pointed this out to my dad and said "Oh no, there's no way they're going to be able to stop that before it gets here (thinking for a moment the 2 freeway might make a firebreak then realizing, no, I doubt it), so we should probably save what we can," So then everyone kind of gets in panic mode trying to decide what is most important to save from the house.  Trump's daughter comes into the master bedroom we're standing in, and I call her Ivanka, but basically the debate comes down to whether or not she was created by some genetic experiment that inseminated oranges, she wasn't sure so she calls her mom to find out, and then later on, although we're then in the living room of the house in Texas and not California, she emerges from the office having pleasantly talked to her mom for several minutes to find out the good news that, yes! she was the product of some bioexperiment of oranges as beginning stage surrogate mothers.  Back in Glendale, I guess all of Glendale hadn't burned because I was on the roof of the hospital parking structure marveling how it's true that, when humans run out of space on the ground, they just build up instead, and then it cut to a scene where we were still in the hospital, but the interior set was more like my grandma's living room, where some pug or Vernon Troyer-type dude (it was a pug at first then it was a Vernon Troyer-type dude, don't ask me) who hadn't had any arms or legs his whole life was about to get fitted to his new specially designed semi-bionic wheelchair.  They strapped him in and let him take some test laps around the living room, I thought the speed seemed a little fast and might be dangerous until he got used to it, so they turned the governor down just  a notch and let him go.  Back in the stairwell of the hospital parking structure I was trying to figure out what the proper route to take for someone with a mini-wheelchair was, only to be amazed when there already seemed to be some sort of custom designed lift and Disneyland-like miniguide track for the thing.  The bottom floor of the hospital parking structure was an automotive accessories shop, and apparently some good Samaritans who felt bad for the little handicapped dude had offered to donate some chrome rims for his wheelchair, but then a whole bunch of people had so there was a total overstock of rims for that dude's wheelchair, and I told the parts guy to just hang-on to them for now and we'd deal with that in a minute.  No sooner than I was back in the stairwell halfway between the bottom and first floor, I see that little dude come flying through on that specially designed wheelchair track and take the corner at like 20 miles per hour like it was no big deal.  There was also some small-town-like convenience store where I was just browsing the isles looking at stuff, and I couldn't figure out where half the products came from, or why they chose to stock the random and obscure collegiately licensed products that they did.  I woke-up with an overwhelming sense of sadness in missing my father, compacted by looking around and the realization of "how is this entire scenario even humanly possible" only to be merged with that now-standard and intentional mixture of extreme win and extreme fail at the same time, but a whole flock of police cars and fire trucks has now rolled up right outside my window in attendance to something going on next door, so imma go check that out.

No comments:

Post a Comment